Saturday 17 November 2012

Vote For Sale

Ive decided to sell my vote to the highest bidder, not cash of course heavens forbid, commitments will do, in writing of course.

So with 2 and half years to go instead of the politcos telling me what they can do for me and bribing me with my own money, I think we should reverse the process and allow them to bid on my core demands.

So here in my blog I give a firm commitment that if you Mr or Mrs Politico give me what I want, the trusty Wilko red bingo marker will be thrown in the recycling bin. No more spoiling.

I was going to make it five core issues that I wanted addressed but I decided to make it easy for the stressed political class, I would not wish to raise the bar too high, anyways here we go.

1, EU. in or out referendum. Now I accept that the EU is possibly leaving us rather we leave them as they head long into the uplands of progressive wonder, but just in case, in the lifetime of the next parliament I want the opportunity to vote to leave the EU.

2, Banks. Within the lifetime of the next parliament I want banks split from their retail and investment divisions, and I want their limited liability removed.

3, A new Beverage report. I want a proper judge lead obviously, independent report looking at the welfare state, the tax system and pensions with a view to over the course of time replacing the whole thing with Land Value tax, a simple tax system, and a system of basic income, all considered and a referendum on its results.

Nice and simple, I await your offers. but one last thing. A failure to deliver clause. You don't implement your commitments to me, you forfeit all rights to any sort of state funded pension. A technicality I know but as long as we don't have legally binding manifestos a little commitment is needed